It's a tough job, but someone has to run a press room at the HOM lounge during Men's Fashion Week, so that is exactly what our fashion team did.
We were there for our client, the UK's leading fitness and nutrition expert, Matt Roberts. Matt and his team were on hand to offer male models nutrition and health advice, including fitness tips to help keep a toned and athletic body. Healthy food was on hand from Nama, the raw food experts.
The team devised a great quick workout formula that we will share with you...
Top 10 Tips for male models (and those aspiring to be!)
1. Drink 100ml of water per hour throughout the day. Drinking consistently little by little will help promote a good metabolism, keeping you constantly hydrated and helps to burn fat
2. When on-the-go try and cut out any refined or processed carbs such as pasta and bread, as these products can disturb the natural digestion and can cause bloating. Eat lots of fresh green vegetables (full of antioxidants) and protein good for skin and hair
3. Only see fruit as a treat for a rare indulgence this is due to the high sugar content. For a natural sugar kick before a work-out pick up an apple or pear to help increase blood circulation
4. Avoid sugary foods and drinks, as these can make you slump in energy causing poor food choices
5. Squats and lunges will help with increasing growth hormones in your body. Making your upper body overall bigger including back chest and arms and this will improve overall metabolism to burn fat and promote a better all-round physique
6. Press-ups with arm extensions will train chest and arms, giving a natural upper body physique, while improving posture and back flexibility
7. Even out and stretch the mid back and shoulders by doing the Lying cobra. This will even-out posture and widens the back. Start by lying on your front with arms flat out, slowly raise arms out in front, in a Y shape position while looking up a stretching holding for one second. Repeat 10-12 reps
8. Resistance bands work by creating more tension on the muscles as the range of motion increases. Start by standing on both feet (or one depending on difficulty) shoulder width a part and raise arms to desired work out
9. McGill sit ups can help improve all round core abs separating lower left and right abs. Lie on your back with one leg bent and the other straight, place your hands under the arch of your lower back to support. Keep elbows slightly off the floor and slowly sit up half way without letting your feet raise off the floor. Repeat 10-12 reps each side
10. Get a good 8 hours of sleep to help aid recovery and promote appearance of skin